Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Retourner

"to return."

I've really started to miss blogging. I was never very good at it, and I can't guarantee this time will be any better, but I'm at least going to try my hand again. If anything, it's a great way to postpone doing my homework for another ten minutes or so (like I'm currently doing with French. Can I count the title as practice?).

I've accepted a few things this round:
  • There's a good chance I won't keep this as updated as I'd like. I'm a stay-at-home mom and a full-time student. I definitely have free time, but I know that won't always be the case, and this is the lowest priority for me. Well, this and my Netflix addiction. 
  • This won't be a mommy blog. I would love to use this as a way to document our family and J's childhood, but the more I hang around the internet and read news stories, the less convinced I am that it's a good idea. People are creepy. So while I will share updates or stories, I won't be posting pictures, and I'm just referring to him by his first initial.
To be honest, this blog is mainly because I'm falling back in love with writing, but I don't get as much opportunity to write whatever the heck I want. My Word documents are typically reserved for rigid French compositions or essays for history. I'm hoping this blog serves as a way to practice a bit each week. On top of that, I think it's a great way to keep track of different things I just don't seem to get around to such as making our house feel more homey as well as cooking more creatively. 

There's a good chance this will be boring. There's a good chance I might once again find myself erasing every post from a blog that existed for over two years and only had under two thousand views. But even if it is just me typing away into an empty atmosphere, that's okay. 

Well, here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment