Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Life lately

It's my Spring Break for a few more days, and I know I said I would try to update, but I'm a filthy liar, and you should know that by now.

No, but for real, it's been a rather productive week. Our house is at an acceptable level of clean, and since we're looking at moving this season, we've started de-junking our house. I've been having a surprisingly amount of fun with it. When I was growing up, I was convinced that I was going to have at least one novel written by now, so I was constantly writing. It's hilarious to look back at now because it was just so, so bad. My main project was this novel based around youth group leaders (I'm being serious here), and it was going to be from switched perspectives. I honestly thought it was going to be to the level of As I Lay Dying, only it would be a Christian version, and oh my gosh. On my facebook, I recently shared a quote by Martin Luther that states, "The Christian shoemaker does his duty not by putting little crosses on the shoes, but by making good shoes." I really wish I would have learned this sooner. Oh well, it makes for some great laughs now. 

I also came across a bunch of really old poetry that my teachers somehow awarded with passing grades as well as old journals. I thought this entry in particular was sweet:

In case you can't read this: So, there's a guy at my church, Bryce, who
I like a lot. I know also that he likes me. Today, we hung out and went 
mini-golfing, eating, and then to a Christian bookstore, all events 
surrounded by a ton of driving.

Y'all, that was our first date! That's also a mini-golf scorecard that my friend wrote "U like her" on and handed to Bryce, I think he had it in his pocket and gave it to me or something. The rest of the entry was just about how we also went to a Relient K concert and how I was excited and blah blah blah. I'm a little sad that I didn't write about much in the weeks before this. We had flirted quite a bit, but considering that was over eight years ago, I don't remember much of it. At least I know how it ends!

Also, I know I didn't give an update here regarding J's half (!!!!) birthday, but it's been such a great month. He's sleeping again, and my gosh, he's just the happiest baby. We started on solids, and he loves bananas and carrots, the latter of which unfortunately gave him the smallest reaction. He hasn't met a food yet that he doesn't like. He also sits up so well. He's been able to start really playing with his toys. It's so fun to see his little mind working while he spins the wheels on his truck. Bryce and I are so used to that toy that the majority of our communication consists of singing, "Oh, I'm off to work and I'm heading into town! My hard hat's on, and my wheels are going round!" Pray for us, guys.

We've also reached the teething stage, at least, I'm pretty positive, We had a false alarm about two months back, but this round has been confirmed by the pediatrician and lots of tears. It seems the worst at night, but for the most part, he's pretty unfazed.

I love this stage of motherhood so much. I love his smiles and his giggles, and I love getting to share some of my favorite fruits and veggies with him to see if he likes them. I love reading books with him, and I've been able to finally take him outside without worrying that he was about to freeze. There are just so many little things that I'm cherishing so much. Seriously, six months is where it's at!

Anyway, it's his lunchtime, and I still have a full afternoon ahead of me, so that's all I've got! I hope you're enjoying this beautiful day!

-Lindsay 

No comments:

Post a Comment